As social being there is constant need to interact, seek the opinions and acceptance of others, which invariably means we do not exist in isolation, we always find ourselves getting attached to others, could be for just friendship sake and others its deeper than that. Healthy relationship is one of the most underrated gift to humanity, When relationships are healthy, they promote emotional and social wellness. We all know falling in love is the easy part, sustaining the love is the big deal, rekindling the fire of romance from time to time is the major challenge couples face. Researchers have found that the love we feel in our most committed relationships is typically a combination of two or three different forms of love. But often, two people in the same relationship can have very different versions of how they define love. Understanding what makes your partner feel loved can help you navigate conflict and put romance back into your relationship. But we all know that romantic, passionate love fades a bit over time leading to a toxic relationship for most couples. Trust me, toxic relationship is the worst experience after hell, many suicidal reports, people losing their mental health daily, just because they couldn’t let go perhaps the issue is what will the society say, especially in Africa where divorce has been synonymized with prostitution. But before it get to this point, what are the red flags seen in the relationship. At this point I must say the things considered toxic in relationship might not be considered toxic another relationship. But generally,
- If you observe your partner makes all the decisions and tells the other what to do, what to wear, or who to spend time with.
- They are jealous, and/or try to isolate the other person from their friends and family.
- One person picks a fight with the other. This may lead to one person changing their behavior to avoid upsetting the other.
- toxic manipulative relationships tell you that you’re never good enough and that you need to be someone else. Linnell described being told that she needed to be “a stripped-down, sterile version” of herself, and leave behind everything that made her unique. Thankfully, she realized that “the enlightened version of ourselves is the loudest, brightest, truest version of each one of us.
- Easily getting irritated with every action of your partner
- When you notice your partner is not willing to make sacrifices, no matter how minute or inconsequential the actions could be, then you are heading for a toxic relationship
- If you find yourself easily disrespected in the relationship by your partner either in public or in private
- When your partner does not pay attention to the little details you share with him or her
- Always wants to hang out with friends instead of his or her partner, when you also notice theres no intimacy in the relationship
- When he or she threatens to break up at the slightest quarrel
The sign of toxic relationship is crucial to humans emotion and needs to be looked into